The Grassroots Football, Cricket, and Netball Facility Program assists Clubs and Councils to develop core infrastructure that directly impacts participation through rational development of good quality, well designed and utilised facilities.
SANFL and SACA have each contributed $1 million each to the fund while State Government has provided $5 million per year. The Program is collaboratively run between SANFL, SACA, Netball SA and State Government and is the key infrastructure funding program for our clubs.
The AFL Community Relief Fund has been established by the AFL to support local communities in fire affected areas to repair and rebuild their football clubs, including helping footballing families in these impacted communities.
Applications are welcome for any consideration including:
1) Rebuild and/or repair of facilities that have been damaged by the fires.
2) Repair of grounds damaged when used by emergency services or as relief/evacuation centres during the fires.
3) Playing and training equipment.
4) Playing and training apparel/uniforms.
5) Assist in meeting the gap in club sponsorship while existing club sponsors get back on their feet.
6) Club membership/registration and transport costs for impacted football families and other ways in which they may require assistance.
7) Volunteer/administration support to ensure football clubs and programs can continue to operate.
On behalf of the Recovery Through Sport Alliance (The Australian Olympic Committee, Paralympics Australia, Commonwealth Games Australia and the Australian Sports Foundation – “the Alliance”), we now invite applications from community sports clubs and others affected during the recent summer of natural disasters.
The Sport Recovery Grants will be focusing on the organisations and community members who have been affected by the recent bushfires.
The Clubs SA community football facility fund provides grants up to $5,000 to community football clubs for minor facility upgrades and maintenance. Eligible projects include:
1) Change room refurbishments, extensions or developments
2) Field lighting upgrades
3) Patron facilities, like scoreboards, grandstands or shelters
4) New goal posts purchased from SANFL preferred supplier PILA Group
5) Development or upgrade to any fixed facility that supports the delivery of football
Funding is dollar for dollar funding up to $5,000.00.
Contact Lisa Faraci, Planning and Infrastructure Manager at SANFL for more information. Email [email protected] or phone 08 8424 2264.
Grants of $5,000 are available for costs associated with conducting programs to develop or improve the service the Club provides and/or the cost of consumable equipment, uniforms or ground maintenance equipment.
Please note this program is currently closed.
The Australian Sports Foundation is Australia’s leading nonprofit sports fundraising organisation and charity. They are the only organisation in Australia that provides a tax deduction for donations to sport through their unique sports fundraising platform – making it much easier for your club to raise money! Register with the Sports Foundation and your club can fundraise for anything you need including facility development, new uniforms, team travel, new equipment, training and development programs. With dedicated support for SA football clubs and more than 30 years of fundraising experience, the Sports Foundation knows what works. The Sports Foundation also runs an annual grants program dedicated to initiatives that help increase participation in grassroots sport.
The AFL Preferred Facility Guidelines should be used by State and Territory Australian Football Controlling Bodies, Councils, Leagues, Clubs, Schools and associated stakeholders to inform the provision and development of appropriate facilities for community level Australian Football venues.
The SANFL Facilities Strategy provides a unified strategic direction to Local, State and Federal Government to inform their future investment in the growth of Australian Rules Football. Our aim is to enhance collaboration between SANFL and Government to develop new or upgrade existing facilities across South Australia.
Facility development forms a key strategic priority for SANFL and is included in our Strategic Approach 2016-2018.