SANFL would like to congratulate the Malinauskas Government on securing AFL Gather Round for a further three years.
We’re really excited about the 2024 event and can’t wait to share more details with you soon!
In addition to the nine games of football played in SA during Gather Round 2023, two of which were played at Norwood Football Club, SANFL with the support of the AFL, also delivered:
- 16 free clinics with AFL and SANFL players reaching over 3000 kids
- Gather Round Giveaway competition with 6000 entries from registered football participants in the to win over 20 ‘money can’t buy’ match day experiences and prizes
- 16 AFL Captain’s Runs and player appearances
- The Gather Round Community Footy Roadshow – 21 days, 2,500km, 52 schools, 12 regional clubs, five community venues, 1600 footballs donated to clubs and 5000 fans reached right across the State.
- National Pharmacies SANFL Juniors season launch, attracting more than 2000 juniors/kids to the Festival of Footy live site in Elder Park with
- Eight Torrens University SANFL U16s and U18s matches played in front of national recruiters, showcasing SA elite boys’ talent
- Coach development workshops at SANFL venues connecting 400 community coaches with AFL head coaches.
- 50 Local Governments hosted at the inaugural Festival of Facilities forum and tour of The Summit, Mt Barker
- Community Club Development Day attended by almost 200 club and league volunteers, as well as live streamed across the nation
- Half-time Auskick experiences for approximately 800 boys and girls
- Umpire workshops and match day experiences connecting 500 community and junior umpires with elite AFL umpires
- 500 AFL Gather Round branded kits to schools in metropolitan Adelaide
- Creation of a new Ultimate Football Membership space at the David Hookes Bar in the Western Stand of Adelaide Oval for local and interstate attendees to enjoy.