The team at SANFL and Statewide Super love to celebrate our footy heroes, but they’re not always on the field. We want to acknowledge all of the local legends who make our game great – from behind the scenes.
There’s no doubting that 2020 has been one of the most challenging years for volunteers as they navigate their clubs and leagues through the Covid-19 shutdown period. Some also from bush fire affected areas around the state. Whether they be administrators, umpires, trainers, scoreboard attendants, timekeepers or work in the canteen or BBQ, volunteers show a tremendous amount of unwavering loyalty to their football club or league.
Are you part of a SANFL League or Community Club?
Why not recognise your club’s outstanding volunteers by nominating them for the SANFL Statewide Super Volunteer of the Year. Nominations for the 2020 award are open from June 1st until Monday August 3rd. You can enter online, by scrolling down and completing the form below.
The top eight finalists will receive:
- Financial planning session thanks to Statewide Super
- 2 x Adelaide Oval Football Memberships, including reserved seats to all AFL Home games (excluding finals) in season 2021
- One-night accommodation at a luxury Adelaide CBD hotel, including breakfast on September 10, 2020
- Recognition certificate of your nomination
AND the winner, will further receive:
- The David Shipway AM Medal and title of the Statewide Super Volunteer of the Year
- Your name printed on the perpetual trophy
- 1 Nights’ accommodation for two people at the Serafino Winery McLaren vale, including a 3-course dinner and breakfast. During your stay, you will be provided a brand-new luxury Kia vehicle (2-day loan of vehicle from a Kia dealer) to explore the famous wine region in style.
NOMINATIONS FOR 2020 ARE NOW CLOSED.