SANFL and Statewide Super love to celebrate our footy heroes, but they’re not always on the field.
We want to acknowledge all of the local legends who make our game great behind the scenes at grassroots level.
Whether they be administrators, umpires, trainers, scoreboard attendants, timekeepers or work in the canteen or BBQ, now is the time to honour their unwavering loyalty to your football club or league.
To do this, you can recognise your club’s outstanding volunteers by nominating them for the SANFL Statewide Super Volunteer of the Year.
The top eight finalists will receive:
- Two tickets to the Magarey Medal and Hall of Fame Presentation Dinner on Wednesday September 5.
- A night’s accommodation at a luxury Adelaide CBD hotel, including breakfast on Thursday September 6.
The winner of the Statewide Super Volunteer of the Year Award will also be named the South Australian AFL State Volunteer of the year award. They will receive:
- 2 x tickets to the Toyota AFL Grand Final
- 2 x return flights & accommodation for 3 nights (Thurs – Sat) in Melbourne for the Toyota AFL Grand Final weekend
- The opportunity to walk in the Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade
Millicent’s Craig Tunkin was crowned the inagural SANFL Statewide Super Volunteer of the Year at the 2017 Magarey Medal and SA Football Hall of Fame ceremony.
Tunkin, who has been involved with the Millicent Football Club for nearly two decades, was one of eight finalists who received two tickets to the Magarey Medal and SA Football Hall of Fame Presentation Dinner as well as one night accommodation at a luxury Adelaide CBD hotel, including breakfast.
To nominate for the SANFL Statewide Super Volunteer of the Year, visit sanfl.com.au/volunteer
CHIEF SANFL WRITER