Click here for the results from the Statewide Super SA Under-18 Girls team’s two-game series against Northern Territory in Darwin.
Game 2 – Sunday May 27
SA 10.9 (69) d NT 0.1 (1)
BEST – SA: Montana McKinnon, Nikki Gore, Rachelle Martin, Jaslynne Smith, Teah Charlton.
GOALS – SA: Katelyn Rosenzweig 3, Abbie Ballard, Kiana Lee 2, Bella Smith, Esther Boles, Kimberley Fry.
Game 1 – Friday May 25
SA 9.13 (67) d NT 6.2 (38)
BEST – SA: Nikki Gore, Emma Smith, Rachelle Martin, Maddi Newman, Teagan Usher.
GOALS – SA: Katelyn Rosenzweig 3, Bella Smith, Esther Boles, Kiana Lee, Maddi Newman, Madisyn Freeman, Teah Charlton.
North Adelaide’s Esther Boles has been named captain of the Statewide Super SA U18 Girls team which will confront Northern Territory in Darwin this weekend.
A revelation in attack for the Roosters at senior level this year, Boles will lead the Croweaters into battle for the two matches to be played at TIO Stadium on Friday May 25 and Sunday May 27.
Originally from Port Augusta, Boles will be joined by another budding star from rural SA in Sturt’s Rachel Dunstan, who will act as Boles’ deputy.
Vice-captain Dunstan, from Mallala, is aligned to Woodville-West Torrens but in the absence of the Eagles’ senior team, she played with the Double Blues in 2018.
The final SA U18 Girls squad traveling to the Top End includes as many as five SANFL Statewide Super Women’s League Team of the Year members, including Boles, South Adelaide’s Nikki Gore and Jaslynne Smith, North Adelaide’s Katelyn Rosenzweig and West Adelaide ball magnet Rachelle Martin.
However, Panthers’ premiership midfielder Hannah Munyard will unfortunately miss the two matches due to a slight knee strain.
In a strong sign for the future, at least 12 players will be eligible to to play in the Statewide Super SA U18 Girls Squad next year while two highly-regarded Under-16 players – Abbie Ballard and Teah Charlton – have also been rewarded with selection.
Once the Croweaters clash with Northern Territory in two matches, SA and NT will then combine to become the Central Allies to take part in the 2018 AFL U18 National Championships on the Gold Coast from July 9 to 13.
Coached again by Bill Economou, SA’s girls came together for a two-day camp at Warradale in late April to make the most of a rare opportunity to train together due to previous SANFL Statewide Super Women’s League commitments.
2018 STATEWIDE SUPER SA U18 GIRLS SQUAD
1. Esther Boles (North Adelaide) – Captain
2. Madisyn Freeman (Glenelg)
3. Marie Martino (West Adelaide)
4. Rachel Dunstan (Woodville-West Torrens/Sturt) – Vice-Captain
5. Katelyn Rosenzweig (Central District/North Adelaide)
6. Tesharna Maher (West Adelaide)
7. Jaslynne Smith (South Adelaide)
9. Jaimi Tabb (Woodville-West Torrens/West Adelaide)
10. Madison Newman (West Adelaide)
11. Teagan Usher (Woodville-West Torrens)
12. Thandi Murada (Norwood)
13. Kiana Lee (Woodville-West Torrens)
14. Bella Smith (Norwood)
15. Kimberly Fry (Central District)
16. Rachelle Martin (West Adelaide)
17. Nikki Gore (South Adelaide)
18. Emma Smith (West Adelaide)
19. Abbie Ballard (West Adelaide)
21. Paxton Davis-Mattner (Sturt)
23. Shai Hiscock (North Adelaide)
24. Amber Ward (North Adelaide)
25. Teah Charlton (South Adelaide)
26. Montana McKinnon (South Adelaide)
COACH – Bill Economou
ASSISTANT COACH – Tess Baxter (Backs)
ASSISTANT COACH – Craig Lum (Midfield)
ASSISTANT COACH – Rick Watts (Forwards)
CHIEF SANFL WRITER