The 2018 SANFL Statewide Super Women’s League fixture has been released, with an extended season across 10 minor rounds culminating in the Grand Final being played on Anzac Day at Peter Motley Oval.
Following the addition of two new teams – Sturt and South Adelaide – the second season of the SANFL Statewide Super Women’s League will also begin earlier, with the Panthers and Glenelg opening the campaign on Friday February 2 at Hickinbotham Oval.
The Double Blues will make their competition debut against West Adelaide at City Mazda Stadium on Saturday February 3 while the Grand Final rematch between Norwood and North will take place on the same day as a curtain-raiser to Adelaide’s AFLW Grand Final rematch against Brisbane at The Parade.
As many as six SANFL Statewide Super Women’s League matches will be played in front of Macca’s League matches, ensuring fans have more opportunity to embrace SANFL’s female brand.
The Panthers are set to immerse themselves in the competition, with two triple-headers being hosted at Noarlunga in Round 2 and Round 8.
With a total of six teams now competing in the SANFL Statewide Super Women’s League, the top three sides will qualify for finals action.
The minor premier will earn a week off and direct entry into the Grand Final on April 25 while the second-ranked team will confront the third-placed outfit in a cut-throat Preliminary Final on the weekend of Saturday April 14.
- Norwood v North Grand Final Rematch in Round 1 at The Parade. This match will also be a curtain-raiser to Adelaide’s AFLW Grand Final Rematch against Brisbane on the same night – Saturday February 3.
- Two new clubs hosting at two new venues – South Adelaide at Hickinbotham Oval and Sturt at Peter Motley Oval.
- As many as six games acting as curtain-raisers to Macca’s League matches, including the Grand Final at Peter Motley Oval on Anzac Day.
- Four triple-headers, featuring all six teams playing at the same venue on the same day.
- A Preliminary Final on the weekend of Saturday April 14.
- The Grand Final will be a marquee match-up at Peter Motley Oval on Wednesday April 25, acting as the curtain-raiser for the Anzac Day Macca’s League clash between Sturt and Port Adelaide.