Level 2 Coaching Accreditation
2019 Level 2 Coaching Courses
Titanium Arena, 44a Crittenden Rd, Findon
Saturday 16th February
8.00am – 6.00pm
Sunday 24th February
8.00am – 6.00pm
Expressions of Interest are now closed
Successful coaches will be notified by Monday 17th December
The Level 2 Coach Accreditation is a blended learning program that consists of both online and face to face course components. The program has been revised and adapted as a result of the redesign and rollout of the CoachAFL Accreditation Model in 2018 and which will continue to evolve and adapt overtime. Ultimately, CoachAFL will provide coaches with a suite of education, training and resources specific to the age groups and levels they are coaching, using a range of online, face-to-face and self-directed learning modules.
The AFL is responsible for the development of the National Coach Accreditation Framework and CoachAFL platform for accreditation and reaccreditation. The State/Territory Member Organisations are endorsed to deliver the Level 2 Coach Accreditation across metropolitan and regional areas as required.
- Youth – Coaches who are involved in coaching U13-U18 age groups
- Senior – Coaches who are involved in coaching U18 and over age groups
- CoachAFL membership and Foundation Coach accreditation (formally known as Level 1)
- At least 2 years coaching experience at any level of AFL football.
- Prepare and bring your coaching philosophy to the face to face course
- Click here to view the “Designing Small Sided Games” videos in preparation for the practical game sense and constraints-based approach session at the face to face course
- Complete Positive Sports Coaching online course here
SOME TOPICS COVERED AT THE FACE TO FACE COURSE MAY INCLUDE:
- Set the vision & strategy
- Shape the environment
- Build relationships
- Read and react to the field
- Conduct practices and structure competitions
- Learn and reflect
POST COURSE/IN SEASON
Engage a mentor coach/es, meet and document 4 conversations across the season in the Level 2 Mentoring Booklet and submit after the post season review.