SANFL Equal Goals
Equal Goals is a SANFL initiative funded by Office for Recreation, Sport & Racing, which aims to support SANFL and its clubs with increasing the diversity of boards and leadership groups, along with sharing best practice examples for how we can build and foster inclusive cultures.
Australian Rules Football is loved and followed by many. Making Australian Rules Football attractive to and inclusive of our increasingly diverse community are also key drivers to support the continued growth and sustainability of our sport.
EQUAL GOALS PATHWAYS PROGRAM
The Equal Goals Pathways Program is a comprehensive introduction to governance in a sporting context, including the roles and responsibilities to be a board or committee member at a SANFL Club. The program also offers a variety of events and network opportunities for participants to build their profile in the football industry in South Australia.
Fifteen participants from a wide variety of backgrounds have been selected to undertake in the program in 2018.
If you would like more information regarding the program or register your interest for a future program, please contact the Program Manager (details below).
Projects & Government Relations Officer
E: [email protected]
P: (08) 8424 2269
SANFL DIVERSITY & INCLUSION BUSINESS CASE
SANFL has been constantly evolving throughout our history. Ensuring SANFL is attractive to and inclusive of our increasingly diverse community are key drivers to support growth and ongoing success and sustainability of our sport.
SANFL is committed to, and advocating for, a diverse and inclusive football industry in South Australia.
We strive to leverage the different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences of all our people which includes being inclusive of different approaches to working and leadership experience. It is recognised that many benefits are associated with fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive culture, including:
- Increased engagement and satisfaction: A positive and significant relationship exists between overall job satisfaction and how individuals perceive diverse groups are treated;
- Heightened problem solving skills and innovation: bringing together varied perspectives can result in improved decision-making and a more holistic analysis of opportunities and challenges faced by our sport;
- Enhanced service to participants and stakeholders: An administration that is as diverse and representative of our participants and stakeholders is better equipped to understand, anticipate and respond to their needs;
- Increased productivity and performance: Diverse representation on boards, as well as at executive and senior management level can positively impact performance;
- Enhanced ability to attract talent – Having the best talent is critical to success on and off the field. Environments that are equally appealing to all people will enable access to a larger pool of talent.
We recognise Australian Rules Football maintains a wide appeal in our community and believe that passion should be the only pre-requisite for participation. Our commitment to grow the diversity in our sport aligns to our mission to protect, lead, manage and deliver the promotion and development of Australian Football for the people of South Australia.