Digital Pass FAQ
Q.How do I join?
A.Simply go to your SANFL Club’s website and follow the ‘Digital Pass’ links.
Q. How much does it cost if I’m not a member?
A. Cost are as little as $14.99 for a 30 Day Pass, or $74.99 for the entire season.
Q. What games can I see access?
A. Digital Pass subscribers can view all of your club’s home and away games for the Season.
Q. Why can’t I access all SANFL games?
A.Season Passes are sold by each SANFL Club. These provide access to each of the Club’s 18 home and away games.
Q. Why isn’t the Channel 7 broadcast game available live?
A. The SANFL Macca’s League Game of the Week will be shown live on Channel Seven Adelaide.|
Free to air broadcast is important for the continued health of our competition. Whilst these games can’t be viewed live via the digital pass, they can be viewed in replay.
Q. Can I watch a game from two rounds ago?
A. Yes, you can view any game played during the current season.
Q. What is the quality like?
A. Quality is dependent of both the device being used and your internet/wifi connection. Games are streamed in HD, 720p, 520p and 360p.
Q. What sort of internet speed/quality will I need to view?
A. Digital Pass has been developed to ensure it can be used via majority of connections, including HD, 720p, 520p and 360p. Your device will usually choose the most applicable size automatically.
Q. Where do I log in?
A. To access to pass you need to visit https://digitalpass.sanfl.com.au/
You’ll need to use the same username and password when purchasing the Digital Pass through your club’s Sportsubs page.
Q. Can I watch it on my smart tv?
A. Yes. This can be achieved directly via your TV, Apple TV or Google Chrome Cast by either;
- Downloading the SANFL App and clicking on Digital Pass from main menu
- Entering your Club’s website and clicking on the Digital Pass link
- Entering the URL : https://digitalpass.sanfl.com.au/
Q. How do I watch through my television?
- The Digital Pass can be viewed on a television (and Smart TV) using the following methods:
- HDMI cable – watch in the web browser (digitalpass.sanfl.com.au) on laptop and connect laptop to TV via HDMI cable
- Smart TV – watch in the web browser at digitalpass.sanfl.com.au
- Smart TV – watch via AirPlay Mirroring (through iPhone)
Q. Who gets the money from this?
A. Revenue generated from sales of Digital Passes will be retained by your Club
Q. Does it come with commentary?
A. Yes, SANFL radio commentary is integrated seamlessly with each digital broadcast. Additionally, scores, statistics and a time clock appear on each broadcast.
Q. Will it have replays?
A. Users can do one of two things to obtain replays;
- Press the 10 second review button on the bottom left of the screen – this will replay the previous 10 seconds of play.
- Drag the timeline bar located at the bottom of the screen to any previous point in the game.
Q. What if I purchase the pass, and then sign up as a club member afterwards – do I still get the discount?
A. Unfortunately the system is unable to provide partial refunds. You should speak directly with your Club regarding your options.
Q. What if I can’t remember my log in details?
A. You can retrieve both your membership number (prefixed with an F) and or password by clicking on forgot ID or Password function on the Digital Pass access page.
NB – Whether logging in via the website or mobile device, your details should be saved for the next time you log in on the same device
Q. If I purchase the season pass part way through the year, how is the purchase price determined?
A. The season price will be reflective of the amount of games left in the season. For example, when 50% of the season remains, the Season Pass will be 50% of the cost
Q.Why is my Digital Pass streaming buffering?
A. This is likely to be due to your internet connection.
We suggest you visit the following website to test the speed of your internet connection https://fast.com/. A speed below 2 may impact you watching the streaming at a higher resolution. Furthermore, if sharing Wi-Fi with another user in the household, any other internet activity will also affect this (eg using Netflix or watching YouTube at the same time).
Q. If I have technical difficulties, who should I contact?
A. In most cases, any technical difficulties will be identified before reaching the customer. The below can be used as a general rule;
- Unable to login to Digital Pass
- Reset your password via the forgot password/log in
- Contact your Club during normal business hours to check your account status
- Can log in but unable to view games
- This is likely to be due to your internet/wifi connection
- If the problem is within the Digital Pass a notification will be posted on screen.
- Something happens during the game
- It is likely that we are already working to resolve the issue. Notification will be posted on screen to keep you informed.
Q. Why can my friend access the Women’s League games for free when they didn’t pay for a Digital Pass?
A. The Women’s League Digital Pass is free for everyone. Your Digital Pass will allow you access to watch your Club’s Macca’s League matches which can only be accessed through a paid Digital Pass.
Q. Why can’t I purchase an AFC Digital Pass?
A. The Club was invited to participate this year however have chosen not to. They will look at participating in 2018. Please contact your Club for further information.
Q. Why can’t I purchase a PAFC Digital Pass?
A. The Club was invited to participate this year however chose not to. They will look at participating in 2018. Please contact your Club for further information.